메뉴 건너뛰기

비이민 비자

Non-Immigrant Visa

http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/toolbox/contacts/deferred_inspection/deferred_inspection_sites.ctt/deferred_inspection_sites.pdf
"Deferred Inspection"이란 입국심사를 연기해서 실시하는 것을 말합니다.
공항에서의 입국심사시 입국심사관이 입국신청자에 대한 입국승인 여부를 내리지 못하고 일단 입국을 허용한 후에 관할 CBP 사무실로 며칠 후 다시 찾아오도록 해서 입국심사를 마무리 합니다. 

미국 공항에서 심사를 받고 입국을 했는데, 나중에 살펴보니 I-94 Form 이 심사관의 명백한 실수로 잘못 기재된 경우 이 Deferred Inspection 사무실을 찾아가면 곧바로 정정을 해줍니다. 간혹 입국 심사가 끝난 후 I-94 Form 을 돌려 받지 않고 입국심사장을 떠난 분들도 있습니다. 체류기한이 적혀 있지 않는 I-94 Form을 받은 분도 있습니다. E-2 라고 적혀 있어야 하는데, B-2 라고 적힌 I-94 Form을 받은 분들도 있습니다. 이 사무소에서 모두 해결해줄 수 있습니다.

미리 전화를 해서 예약을 하고 찾아가야 하는 사무소도 있고, 업무시간 내에 아무 때나 찾아가도 되는 사무실도 있습니다.
외국인이 입국심사를 받았던 공항 지역의 사무실을 꼭 찾아가야만 하는 것은 아닙니다. 미국 내에서 현재 머무르고 있는 지역에서 가장 가까운 사무실을 찾아가십시오.

링크된 Deferred Inspection Site를 살펴보십시오.

There are 70 Deferred Inspections Sites throughout the United States and the outlying territories. These sites provide assistance to those individuals who at the time of entry into the United States were scheduled for a deferred inspection or believe that the documentation and corresponding endorsements issued at the port of entry require review and possible correction.

Deferred inspections are used when an immediate decision concerning the immigration status of an arriving traveler cannot be made at the port of entry due to a lack of documentation. On a case-by-case basis, the port of entry may schedule the traveler to report to a Deferred Inspection Site at a future date in order to present the necessary documentation and/or information. The traveler will be given an Order to Appear-Deferred Inspection, Form I-546, explaining what information and/or documentation is required to resolve the discrepancy.

The Deferred Inspection Site staff is also available to review and issue the necessary documents to remedy errors recorded on arrival documents issued at the time of entry to the United States relating to improper non-immigrant classification, inaccurate biographical information or incorrect period of admission, if appropriate. Any designated deferred inspection location or CBP office located within an international airport should be able to assist you, regardless of where the actual document was issued.

Travelers are encouraged to contact sites not located within an international airport to establish an appointment, if necessary. In many instances, the location of your final destination where the discrepancy will be resolved may not be the port of your first arrival into the United States. Mail-in procedures are generally not available.

The Deferred Inspection Sites will only correct errors made at the time of entry. You must contact U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) if you wish to: replace a lost, stolen, or mutilated Arrival-Departure Record, CBP Form I-94, or Crewman's Landing Permit, CBP Form I-95; apply to extend your stay in the United States; or, change your immigration status. Specific information can be found on the USCIS Web site. ( USCIS )

Source: CBP.gov (02/25/2008)

제목 날짜
방문기간 연장신청을 해두고 결과가 나오기 전에 미국을 떠나면   2008.10.23
Will I be arrested when I re-enter the U.S. if I have unpaid traffic tickets?   2008.10.11
Why was I (or my friend, relative, etc.) denied entry to the U.S.?   2008.10.11
Overview of Deferred Inspection   2008.10.17
미국 내에서의 방문자 신분   2008.11.04
방문기간 연장 신청하기   2008.11.04
방문비자중 관광비자로 허용되는 활동   2008.11.04
미국 내 관광비자(B-2) 입국 체류 및 체류 연장   2008.11.30
미국 내에서 상용비자(B-1)로 가능한 활동   2008.11.30
B-1/B-2(방문비자) 발급, 입국, 체류연장에 적용되는 원칙   2008.11.30
미국 내 "원정출산"의 미국 이민법 위반 가능성   2008.12.01
방문자 자녀의 공립학교 취학 가능성   2008.12.01
SCROLL TOP