메뉴 건너뛰기

여권 | 비자

Passport | Visa

• 기본원리
  • 관리자
  • Oct 11, 2008

Q: What is an Arrival-Departure Record and why do I need one?
A: The Arrival-Departure Record (CBP Form I-94) or the Crewman Landing Permit (CBP Form I-95) shows the date you arrived in the United States and the “Admitted Until” date, the date when your authorized period of stay expires, and class of admission. If arriving by air or sea, the transportation line will provide all non-immigrants a CBP Form I-94 (for all non-immigrants except crewmen) or CBP Form I-95 (for crewmen) if you have a non-immigrant visa in your passport. Visa Waiver Program (VWP) applicants will have to complete an Arrival-Departure Record, CBP Form I-94W (see Form I-94W section on cbp.gov). If coming to the U.S. by land, you will receive a blank CBP Form I-94, I-94W, or I-95 from a CBP officer upon arrival at the U.S. port of entry. Thes forms will be processed at a U.S. port of entry at a land border, airport or seaport. For preclearance or preinspection ports of entry, these forms are available upon entering the CBP primary passenger processing area.

You will be asked to complete the form prior to inspection. Review the form for accuracy and legibility before presenting it to the CBP officer.

During CBP processing, the CBP officer may ask you questions about the purpose of your trip, how long you will be in the United States, and your residence abroad. Upon completion of the CBP processing and stamping of your CBP Form I-94 or I-95, the CBP officer will affix the CBP Form I-94 or I-95 Form to your passport. If you are not required to present a passport, the form will be handed to you.

Prior to departing the CBP primary passenger processing area, review the class of admission and period of admission recorded on the admission stamp. The information transcribed on the CBP Form I-94 at the port of entry is the basis for all further immigration-related activity in which you may engage while in the United States. Benefit agencies, specifically the Social Security Administration, make decisions based on the hand-written endorsement recorded on the CBP Form I-94.

When you leave the country, you should give the CBP Form I-94 or I-95 to your airline or ship representative. If you are departing over a land border, give it to a Canadian or Mexican immigration officer. The CBP Form I-94 or I-95 that has been approved by a CBP officer proves that you were processed and admitted in to the United States and that at the time of your departure, you are within the period of your authorized stay.

Be sure to turn in the CBP Form I-94 or I-95 to the proper authorities on departure. This returned portion of the form proves you did not violate U.S. laws by overstaying your period of admission and staying in the country too long. It is evidence that you obeyed U.S. immigration laws and left timely, which is essential if you want to return to the United States at a future date as an immigrant or nonimmigrant.

Canadians who travel to the United States as a tourist or on business generally do not need the CBP Form I-94. Also, certain Mexicans who have a nonresident alien Mexican Border Crossing Card, commonly known as a laser visa or a multiple entry non-immigrant visa, may not require the CBP Form I-94.

Please refer to the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) sections 212 and 214 and the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) at 8 CFR 212 and 214 for more specific eligibility information.

You will need to replace your portion of the CBP Form I-94 or I-95, if it is lost, stolen or mutilated. If you are applying for an extension of stay or change of status, you will need to be issued a CBP Form I-94 or I-95, if you were not issued one of these documents when you first entered the country. See the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Website (uscis.gov) for information on how to file for a replacement CBP Form I-94 or I-95.

Q: How do I apply for a Replacement Nonimmigrant Arrival-Departure Record, CBP Form I-94 or I-95, if the original was lost, stolen or is mutilated?
A: If you are applying to replace a lost, stolen or mutilated Arrival-Departure Record (CBP Form I-94) or Crewman's Landing Permit (CBP Form I-95), you must file an Application for Replacement/Initial Nonimmigrant Arrival-Departure Record (Form I-102) with the USCIS office having jurisdiction over where you are temporarily located.

If the CBP Form I-94 or I-95 was lost or stolen, submit a copy of the original CBP Form I-94 or I-95. If you do not have a copy of your original CBP Form I-94 or I-95, please submit a copy of the biographic/photo page from your passport and a copy of the passport page that was stamped by CBP officer when you entered the country. If you cannot submit any evidence of your legal admission to the United States, please submit a full explanation and proof of your identity.

Q: What does the law say?
A: The Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) governs the admission of all people to the United States. For the part of the law concerning the admissions to the United States, please see INA § 212 and 214. The applicable regulations are found in the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) at 8 CFR § 212, 8 CFR § 214, 8 CFR § 231, 8 CFR § 235, and 8 CFR 264.

Q: How do I correct an Arrival-Departure Record reflecting an incorrect admission classification, biographical information or period of admission?
A: U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) will review and issue the necessary documents to remedy errors recorded on the Arrival-Departure Record at the time of entry to the United States relating to improper non-immigrant classification, inaccurate biographical information or incorrect period of admission, if appropriate.

Any designated deferred inspection location or CBP office located within an international airport should be able to assist you, regardless of where the actual document was issued. In many instances, the location of your final destination where the discrepancy will be resolved may not be the port of your first arrival into the United States. Travelers are encouraged to contact sites not located within an international airport to establish an appointment, if necessary. Mail-in procedures are not available.

Currently, there is not an approved form to request the correction of inaccurate information recorded on the CBP Form I-94 or I-95 at the time of entry into the United States. You will need to bring the questionable CBP Form I-94 or I-95 and documentation to support the claim that the form was not properly annotated. For example, present a passport and visa to justify an incorrect visa classification or an approved petition to support an incorrect admission period. A fee will not be assessed.

The CBP offices within the international airports and deferred inspection locations are only authorized to correct errors that occurred at the time of arrival. Requests to replace the CBP Form I-94 or I-95 that has been lost, stolen or mutilated must be filed with USCIS.

Authorized stays that were limited at the port of first arrival by supervisory authorization as noted on the reverse side of the CBP Form I-94 will not be corrected. Under these circumstances, you will be required to file an Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status, Form I-539, with USCIS.

Q: How do I apply to extend the period of time that I am allowed to stay in the United States or change my current visa classification in the United States?
A: If you wish to extend your authorized period of stay in the United States or change your nonimmigrant status (visa classification), you will need to file an Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status (Form I-539) with USCIS. You will be asked to submit your original CBP Form I-94 upon filing the application. ( USCIS )

If you were not given an CBP Form I-94 when you were legally admitted to the United States, please file an I-102 Form. You will need to provide USCIS proof that you were legally admitted to the United States. You should file the Form I-102 at the same time you apply to extend your stay in the United States or change your immigrant status.

Source: CBP.gov (02/25/2008)
[이 게시물은 비자아리랑님에 의해 2008-11-02 15:57:29 무비자에서 이동 됨]
제목 날짜
US CBP Inspector's Field Manual (입국심사관의 심사기준)   2009.01.22
공항에서 받은 I-94 Form이 잘못 되었을 때 찾아가는 곳 (Deferred Inspection Sites)   2009.01.22
I-94 카드에 관한 실수들   2008.12.07
입국심사관과 눈만 마주쳐도 입국심사가 마쳐진 셈이다   2008.12.07
미국 체류중 유의사항   2008.12.07
입출국기록증명서(I-94 Form)의 중요성   2008.11.30
체류신분은 종료기한과 유지 조건이 있다   2008.11.15
단기체류신분의 연장/변경   2008.11.04
I-94 카드 (입출국기록증명서) 이야기   2008.11.02
What if you forgot to turn in your I-94 or I-94W form when you left US   2008.10.11
FAQs on I-94 Form / I-95 Form   2008.10.11
SCROLL TOP